Lead Learning Support Assistant (level 3 LSA)
£21,744 - £22,453 per annum + benefits
Description: Lead Learning Support Assistant (level 3 LSA)
Type: Permanent, Term Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Term Time only)
Location: Cheadle Hulme, SK8 6RQ
Salary: £21,744 - £22,453 per annum + benefits
Royal College Manchester offers specialist education for students aged 19 to 25 with learning difficulties, disabilities, complex health needs, and autism. We provide highly specialised care and support to ensure each student’s needs are understood and met thanks to our dedicated teams.
We are looking for 3 talented and driven individuals to join our expanding team. As a Level 3 Learning Support Assistant will have the privilege to work with our amazing students across one of our 4 courses – Preparation for life and work, Autism support, Sensory and Supported Internship.
As an active member of the team you can expect to…
- Work as part of a team to support the teaching and learning activities of all learners who have severe and complex educational needs
- Liaise with the class teacher to ensure the Keyworker role is being implemented effectively through LSAs
- To be a key worker for one or more learners in the class/group facilitating the documentation of assessment/progress and maintaining communication information between school/ college/residence and school/ college/home
- Work towards the College KPI’s to ensure we are striving to be an outstanding provider to young people with SEND
- Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant certification preferred but not essential, we can support this training and also enable you to achieve the required standard in Maths, English and IT if you have not already achieved this
- Experience working within an SEND educational setting
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic about SEND education and making a difference to the lives of our children
We are committed to both the personal and professional development of our team members and welcome applications from those who mirror our vision and values.
- Permanent contract
- Term time only working, Stockport Local Authority holidays
- 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Access our fantastic rewards and benefits including a generous annual leave entitlement, a comprehensive health and wellbeing provision, retail, Blue Light discount card, choice of pension scheme and many more