Learning Support / Teaching Assistant (SEN College)
£17,956 - £18,704 per annum + benefits
Description: Learning Support / Teaching Assistant, SEN College
Type: Permanent, Term Time
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4pm (35 hours per week), term time
Location: Cheadle Hulme, SK8 6RQ
Salary: £17,956 - £18,704 per annum + benefits
Here at Seashell we provide education and care for children and young people with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties and disabilities, sensory impairments, communication disorders and autism.
Our site is part way through an amazing transformation with state of the art facilities being built. Following the construction of a residential village of 17 homes in 2015 and a world class school that opened in February 2023 we are embarking on the next phase of our development with a new college and inclusive sports and wellbeing facilities, set to be delivered in 2025.
We are recruiting for Learning Support Assistants for our specialist College supporting students, aged 19 and 25 years old. In these active roles you will work on a one to one basis supporting the day to day learning of the students and providing any other support they may require through the day such as personal care, communication and leisure activities.
- To support the personal care of students
- To assist the teacher with planning and preparation of resources and programmes including differentiation for the individual needs of learners in the class/group
- To actively support all students in the full range of curriculum activities across the college/school
- To work with students with autism, multi-sensory impairments, physical disabilities, severe learning difficulties and those with non-verbal communication needs to enhance their communication skills, social skills, ability to think flexibly and to problem-solve.
Support and benefits
We support all new starters with a 2 week induction and ongoing training We also promote your development through appraisals and supervisions and we encourage career progression and development throughout the business.
Other benefits include:
- A generous annual leave entitlement (5.4 weeks per year as school holidays)
- A comprehensive health and wellbeing provision including Employee Assistance, wellbeing programmes and Occupational Health
- Retail, food and leisure discount card
- Life Assurance
- Choice of pension scheme
- Use of the on-site gym, fitness classes, swimming pool
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle scheme
- Paid DBS