Senior Support Worker (Young Adults’ Home)
£24,271 - £25,045 a year
Description: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: 10 hour shift 12 hour shift 8 hour shift
Location: Cheadle Hulme, SK8 6RQ
Salary: £24,271 - £25,820 a year
Seashell is a charity dedicated to providing a creative, happy, and secure environment for children and young people with complex needs and additional communication challenges from across the UK. We have 17 purpose-built home-from-home, four bedroomed houses for children and young people who need residential support. We can provide 24-hour care, weekly and termly boarding, and 52-week placement for individuals aged 3-25 years. This opportunity is to support our children who are between 19-25 years old. All our homes are based on our one site and so no travel is required.
Every day is different at Seashell. Some days are fun, and some days more challenging, requiring extra resilience. However, every day is rewarding in the role of a Senior Support Worker. We’re looking for flexibility, the ability to adapt quickly to change, and most importantly alignment with our values, which are integrity, involvement, and innovation.
We offer an initial two-week Seashell specific induction, plus ongoing training, and development support. Providing staff with career progression is a main focus at Seashell as frequently demonstrated by our current employees. There is a clear progression plan in place from day one for anyone starting in the role of Senior Residential Support Worker at Seashell.
Applicants must have…
- QCF Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People Workforce/Health & Social Care/Adult Care (or equivalent)
- Experience in a complex needs, residential setting is essential
- Knowledge of communication strategies for supporting those who are non-verbal
- Knowledge of CQC Adult Care Home fundamental standards
Some information about the role…
- The role will act as senior under the direction of the House Manager and will support a team of Residential Support Workers
- Support the young people with day-to-day needs including personal care needs, supporting them in their routines, communication, independence skills and leisure activities
- Support and co-ordinate key workers and lead shifts
- Make decisions and lead in the absence of the House Manager
- Maintain and monitor all recording and reporting
- Assist in the planning and preparation of staff rotas
- Conduct structured supervisions with your team of Residential Support Workers
Just some of the benefits of working for Seashell…
- Access to private healthcare
- Free, on-site parking
- Ongoing access to training courses & professional development
- Cycle to work scheme (with loan)
- On-site gym, swimming pool & fitness classes
- Employee assistance, wellbeing programmes & access to free counselling
- Physiotherapy support
- Company pension scheme
About recruitment at Seashell…
Please upload your CV to apply. As per our Safer Recruitment procedure, you will be required to complete a Seashell Application Form as part of our recruitment process.
We provide a caring environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our students. As part of our safer recruitment procedure, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. We are an inclusive employer and welcome all applications.
Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview. If you require any reasonable adjustments for an interview, please highlight this to our Recruitment Team in advance.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our vision is for the children and young people in our care to be safe, happy and to achieve the best possible outcomes so that they are valued and valuable members of their communities.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £23,238.00-£25,820.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Free parking
- Gym membership
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Do you have a Level 3 Health & Social Care qualification (or equivalent)?
Work Location: In person